Q What are Building Regulations?

A Building Regulations are a legal set of requirements throughout England and Wales under which all building work must be conducted. Your local Building Control Department is responsible for ensuring that the highest standards are met and maintained, and any work we complete is carried out in accordance with the latest regulations. For example: health and safety, insulation and environmental issues.

Q Will my building extension need Building Regulations approval?

A Without question. An extension which has not been completed in accordance with Building Regulations is technically illegal and your Local Authority could enforce the reversal of any work which has been carried out.

Q What do I need to do?

A We deal with all elements of Building Control Notice applications on your behalf. The fee payable to the Building Control Authority is inclusive within our quotation.

Q How does this work?

A We will submit the relevant paperwork including any drawings to your Local Authority. We will arrange for the Building Inspector to meet with us at various stages throughout the duration of your conversion to inspect our work. You will be issued with a “Final Completion Certificate” which is for you to retain with your property documents. This is your proof that your building work meets with current legislative requirements, and will be required by your solicitor if you decide to sell your property at a later date.

Q So, what happens about planning permission?

A We can take responsibility for all aspects of the planning process for you, including completing your application, drawing up plans and liaising with the planning department throughout.

Q Part P - what is this and does it apply to me?

A Part P is a relatively new standard, which relates to any new electrical work carried out in your home to ensure that it meets the criteria set by the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NIC EIC). All of the electrical requirements involved in any work we carry out for you will only be done by a fully qualified and registered electrician, and the Safety Certificate will be passed to you which should be kept safely with your Completion Certificate.

Q Are you fully insured?

A Yes we are fully insured to cover works at your property (Public Liability Insurance), and also to cover our workforce (Employers Liability & Contractor All Risks Insurance). We are happy to provide copies on request for your peace of mind.

Unable to embed Rapid1Pixelout audio player. Please double check that:  1)You have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.  2)This web page does not have any fatal Javascript errors.  3)The audio-player.js file of Rapid1Pixelout has been included.


Get in touch...

Get in touch...
  1. Please contact us for any enquiry, advice or if you would like us to give a free quote.
  2. Name:
    Please type your full name.
  3. Email:
    Invalid email address.
  4. Phone:
    Please type your telephone number.
  5. Comment:
    Please enter comment
  6. Captcha :
    Invalid Input